United Latinos cordially invites the public to attend their annual Health and Environmental Justice Town Hall. This event will take place on April 27, 2019 from 10-12 noon at Maple Center, 3301 37th Avenue, Sacramento.
The Town Hall will share stories about Environmental Justice concerns in the South Sacramento and Arden Arcade areas. According to the EPA, asthma and heart disease rates in those target zones are higher than the state average. The Town Hall will present stories and information about the 250,000 low income people who are enrolled in the MediCAL program, yet have a hard time finding medical providers who accept the program- especially in these highly impacted areas. United Latinos will ask the guest speakers and community allies to join and coordinate with an action committee of local grassroots leaders. The organization hopes to establish a design and implementation program aimed at delivering community education campaigns and community improvement projects.
The following speakers have confirmed their attendance at the town hall:
• County Supervisor Phil Serna
• Chet Hewitt, CEO, Sierra Health Foundation
• Nathan Ulsh, Executive Director of the Franklin Neighborhood Development Corporation
• Mark Diaz, California Hispanic Medical Association
• Father Arnold Parungao – Pastor, St Robert Catholic Church
• Dr Jonathan K. London - Assoc. Professor & Vice Chair: Human Ecology & Community Development- UCD
• Congresswoman Doris Matsui( Pending)