Skip to main content

Water Supply

Arden Arcade has five different water purveyors. Two are independent special districts. Another is a department of Sacramento County.  Two others are private companies, regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission. 

The public agencies are the Sacramento Suburban Water District (SSWD) and the Del Paso Manor Water District and the County Water Agency Zone 41. These agencies are publicly owned and operated water utilities regulated by the State of California Department of Public Health and State Water Code laws. They are “enterprise” districts, meaning their expenses are financed through water service charges and connection fees. Each Water District has an elected governing body. The County Water Agency Zone 41 is controlled by the County Board of Supervisors. The private companies are the California-American Water Company (generally W of SSWD to City of Sacramento line) and the Golden State Water Company (its Arden-Cordova service area includes area bounded by Fulton, Hurley, Watt and Cottage).

May contain: plot, map, diagram, and atlas
{Image Credit: Sacramento County Water Agency}
Join our mailing list