Mike Grace, General Manager of the Fulton-El Camino Recreation and Park District is retiring. His successor as General Manager is Emily Ballus. The District will be holding several Park Advisory Committee meetings to say good-bye to Mike and hello to Emily and to discuss issues of security, maintenance & park use during the Covid -19 pandemic. The public is invited to attend the meetings, to be held as follows:
- 8/11 - Bohemian Park, at the picnic shelter near Wright, between Yellowstone and Town
- 8/12 - Cottage Park and Creekside Nature Area, by the new bridge in Cottage Park
- 8/13 - Seely Park, at the picnic area near Pope
- 8/18 - Bellview Park and Babcock Park, at the picnic shelter in Bellview Park
- 8/19 - Howe Park and Santa Anita Park, at the Howe Park Community Center south patio
All the meetings will start at 6:30 pm. Social distancing and mask protocols will be followed. The meeting on 8/12 in Cottage Park will also include ribbon cutting ceremonies for the new bridge, building restrooms and pool shower rooms. Family-friendly refreshments will be served, so bring the kids!