Once again we are dismayed to report that Sacramento County's Voter Information Guide is confusing for Arden Arcade's voters. As with past elections, the maps and lists of Ballot Drop Box locations and Vote Centers buries Arden Arcade's sites within "Sacramento" because of U.S. Post Office zip code designations. Our invisible unincorporated community isn't the only one overlooked by the Voter Guide. Places like Elverta, Foothill Farms and Rosemont are also not listed. But other unincorporated places are listed, including Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Rio Linda, Orangevale and more. Those places are called out because the Post Offices that serve them use their place names. The issue is very much like our lack of wayfinding signs. At least that problem is beginning to be addressed. Unfortunately, the confusing information about where to vote remains.
We have discussed the issue of voting locations before. It's not trivial. There are plenty of voters who live in unincorporated Arden Arcade who think that Darrell Steinberg is their Mayor - thanks to the laziness of the Post Office, the County and the local media. Those voters will, no doubt, wonder why their ballots don't let them vote for Sacramento City Council candidates and City of Sacramento ballot measures. But enough of the complaining. Let's unpack the locations. You can use any location in the County. Here are our local ones:
DROP BOXES IN ARDEN ARCADE Open Tu-Sat Oct. 10-12, closed Oct. 13, and open Tu-Sat Oct. 14-Nov. 7. Also open Election Day, Nov. 8.
- Arcade Library, 2443 Marconi Ave. Hours: Tu-Sat 10a-6p and Nov. 8 7a-8p.
- Arden-Dimick Library, 891 Watt Ave. Hours: Tu-Sat 10a-6p and Nov. 8 7a-8p.
STAFFED VOTE CENTERS IN ARDEN ARCADE Open Oct. 29-Nov. 8
- Conzelmann Community Center, Howe Park, 2201 Cottage Way. Hours: Oct. 29-Nov. 7, 9a-5p and Nov. 8, 7a-8p. Spanish language assistance available.
- Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer, 4641 Marconi Ave. Hours: Oct. 29-Nov. 7, 8a-4p and Nov. 8, 7a-8p.
STAFFED VOTE CENTERS IN ARDEN ARCADE Open Nov. 5-Nov. 8
- Arcade Library, 2443 Marconi Ave. Hours: Nov. 5-7, 9a-5p and Nov. 8, 7a-8p.
- Arden-Dimick Library, 891 Watt Ave. Hours: Nov. 5-7, 9a-5p and Nov. 8, 7a-8p.
- Rio Americano HS, 4540 American River drive. Hours: Nov. 5-7, 8a-4p and Nov. 8, 7a-8p.
YOU CAN ALSO VOTE BY MAIL IF POSTMARKED ON OR BEFORE NOV. 8. NO POSTAGE IS NECESSARY.