2022 Primary Election Voter Guide continues to ignore Arden Arcade
The County of Sacramento Voter Information Guide for the 2022 Primary Election has been mailed to voters. As with the 2018, 2020 elections and the 2021 recall election, the County offers ballot drop boxes (May 9 - June 7) and Vote Centers (May 28 - June 7) for ballot drop-offs and in-person voting. Voters can also mail their ballots postage-free. The ballot is not to complicated and easy to submit. However you feel about the issue, PLEASE VOTE.
There are 3 ballot drop boxes in Arden Arcade at:
- Arcade Library at 2443 Marconi
- Arden Dimick Library at 891 Watt
- Raley's Market at 3518 Marconi
There are 5 vote centers in Arden Arcade at:
- Conzelmann Community Center in Howe Park at 2201 Cottage (open May 28 - June 7)
- Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer at 4641 Marconi (open May 28 - June 7)
- Arcade Library at 2443 Marconi (open June 4 - June 7)
- Arden Dimick Library at 891 Watt (open June 4 - June 7)
- Rio Americano High School at 4540 American River Drive (open June 4 - June 7)
We tell you about these locations because, as usual, the Voter's Guide is very confusing for Arden Arcade's voters. Elections are important. Elections have consequences. We think every voter in Arden Arcade deserves to know the places in their community where they can submit their ballot in person if they want to. As is typical for Sacramento County, though, the Guide potentially confuses voters by hiding the Arden Arcade sites within zip codes labelled "Sacramento" as though unincorporated Arden Arcade is part of the City of Sacramento (pro tip: it isn't). And, adding insult to injury, the Guide's maps identify a whole lot of unincorporated areas, yet Arden Arcade is not one of them. We're so, so tired of having to point this out, like we did in the 2021 Recall election, the 2020 primary and general elections and the 2018 primary and general elections Will the County ever pay attention to Arden Arcade for elections? Don't hold your breath.
On the bright side, though, our newsroom elves have it easy. To make this page they only had to copy and paste one of their old election pages and just change the dates and locations.